TEAR DOWN THE SKY
The Firebird has one goal – to be the fastest. The fastest Enduro bike for our team riders, the fastest park bike, the fastest way to rail a top-to-bottom mega-descent – no matter whether that descent is in Moab or Morzine. Every aspect of our long travel 29er is tailored toward the pursuit of unbridled velocity, from its progressive, size specific geometry to the tuned perfection of its dw-Link suspension. Whether you’re chasing EWS podium glory or harboring a burning desire to tear down the sky in a supersonic plume of dust, the Firebird is your ticket to pure speed.
165MM Wheel Size Material
Rear Travel 29" CARBON
THE DNA OF VELOCITY
Modern geometry tailored for aggressive riding lets the Firebird rail at warp speed with battleship stability and laser precision. A relaxed head angle, long reach and generous wheelbase are the key ingredients of high-speed composure. Balance and responsiveness are brought into the mix via size specific chainstays and seat tube angles, ensuring that the Firebird remains nimble and responsive at all times, in all conditions. 165mm of ultra-capable dw-link suspension soaks up everything from jumbled moonscapes to massive G-outs and still snaps to attention and climbs with more authority than bikes offering inches less travel. Fast up, fast down. Fast.
NOT AS SWEET AS IT LOOKS
“Sweet bike, man.” It’s the ultimate lift-line compliment. In the case of the Firebird, that sweetness is only skin deep. Appearances can be deceptive. When you’re coming in way too hot on the wrong side of the safe line, you want a partner with lightning reflexes and the dispassionate calm of a cold blooded killer. The Firebird’s Hollow Core carbon construction cleanly disguises its psychotic side with a taut, sturdy, deceptively lightweight frame that calmly gets you out of the most gripped situations, in much the same way that James Bond can get his hands really dirty while keeping his suit perfectly clean. Super-capable suspension, planted handling, perfectly selected components, shaken, not stirred; the cocktail mix for blazing speed. Drink up!
|RACE XT||PRO XT/XTR AIR|
||$10,495 NZD||$13,495 NZD|
||Shimano SLX M7120 4-piston||Shimano XT M-8120 4-piston|
||Shimano SLX M7100 10-51T||Shimano XT M-8100 10-51t 12 speed|
||Shimano CN-M7100 12-Speed||Shimano XT 12-Speed|
||Race Face Ride 32T - 170mm||Race Face Aeffect R 32t - 170mm|
||Shimano XT SGS 12-Speed||Shimano XTR SGS 12-Speed|
||Fox Performance 38 29", 44mm offset, GRIP - 170mm||Fox Factory GRIP2 38 29" - 170mm - 44mm Offset|
||Phoenix Factory Lock-On||Phoenix Factory Lock-On|
||Phoenix Race Aluminum - 800mm||Phoenix Team Carbon - 800mm|
||Pivot Precision Sealed Cartridge||Pivot Precision Sealed Cartridge|
||Fox Performance Elite Float X||Fox Factory Float X2|
||Shimano SLX 6-bolt - 203/203mm||Shimano XT RT81 CenterLock - 203/203mm|
||Phoenix WTB Volt Race (Medium Width)||Phoenix WTB Volt Race (Medium Width)|
||Fox Transfer Performance Elite 150mm (SM), 175mm (MD-LG), 200mm (XL)||Fox Transfer Factory Series 150mm (SM), 175mm (MD-LG), 200mm (XL)|
||Shimano SLX M7100 12-Speed||Shimano XT M8100 12-Speed|
||Phoenix Team Enduro/Trail - 45mm||Phoenix Team Enduro/Trail - 45mm|
||Maxxis Minion DHF 29" x 2.5" WT, TR, 3C, EXO, MAXXTERRA||Maxxis Minion DHF 29" x 2.5" WT, TR, 3C, EXO, MAXXTERRA|
||Maxxis Minion DHRII 29" x 2.4" WT, TR, 3C, EXO, MAXXTERRA||Maxxis Minion DHRII 29" x 2.4" WT, TR, 3C, EXO, MAXXTERRA|
||DT Swiss M1900 w/ DT Swiss 370 Hub, 30mm - 29"||DT Swiss XM1700 w/ DT Swiss 350 hub, 30mm - 29”|
|WHEEL UPGRADE OPTION||Reynolds Blacklabel Enduro w/ i9 Hydra Hubs, 34mm - 29"||+ $2000 NZD|
|COIL UPGRADE||FoxDHX2 Factory Coil||+ $300 NZD|
GRAPHICS, COLORS, AND SPECIFICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTIFICATION.
GEOMETRY AND SIZING
We strive to build the best-performing cycling products in the world.
|SIZES (LOW) MM||SM||MD||LG||XL|
|A: SEAT TUBE LENGTH (C-T)||375||410||440||470|
|B: TOP TUBE LENGTH||598||624||641||665|
|C: HEAD TUBE LENGTH||95||108||118||128|
|D: HEAD TUBE ANGLE||64°||64°||64°||64°|
|E: SEAT TUBE ANGLE||76°||76.5°||77°||77°|
|F: CHAIN STAY LENGTH||431||434||438||445|
|G: BOTTOM BRACKET HEIGHT||354||354||354||354|
|H:BOTTOM BRACKET DROP||20||20||20||20|
|I: STANDOVER HEIGHT||662.1||672.4||693.5||704|
Get everything you need to know about the Firebird
- Pivot’s full carbon frame feature size-specific ride tuning, leading edge carbon fiber materials and Pivot's proprietary hollow core molding technology to ensure that every rider from 5’2” to 6’7” has a bike that feels perfect and performs at the optimum level for their size.
- Long-and-low geometry for a confident, and size specific chainstay lengths refine the EWS Podium performance for different sized riders.
- Phoenix DH inspired longer dw-link® maximizes the Firebird’s rearward wheel-path for erasing square edge bumps and maximizing control.
- 165mm of supple-yet-efficient dw-link™ suspension travel featuring a vertically mounted trunnion metric coil-over or air shocks combined with 170mm front travel for unrivaled suspension performance.
- Equipped with a 44mm offset 170mm-travel Fox Factory and Performance Series 38 FIT Grip2 forks
- Ultra-adjustable Fox Float X2, Float X, Live Valve, and DHX2 coil rear shock options
- Custom tuned Fox Live Valve builds allow for layers of tuning to allow for a plusher than plush feel unmatched by any other suspension setup
- Adjustable geometry with a flip chip upper link mount
- Compatible with both 29” and 27.5” wheel sizes without compromise thanks to the adjustable geometry for 29” 27.5” or MX wheel setups
- Fits tires up to 29x2.6” or 27.5x2.8” wide
- 12 x 157mm Super Boost Plus rear spacing adds stiffness and control
- 31.6mm size seatpost match with the Firebird’s short seat tube with deep insertions for longer travel posts.
- Featuring the easy to find UDH rear derailleur hanger for peace of mind when traveling the world
- 1.5” headtube provides increased front-end stiffness and tracking.
- Hassle-free, full-length, internal cable routing
- All sizes fit a water bottle inside the front triangle
- Pivot Tool Dock system compatible with mounts under the top tube and integrated into the underside of the frame.
Download the technical spec sheets:SMALL PARTS SCHEMATIC DROPPER FIT GUIDE SUSPENSION SET UP GUIDE OWNER'S MANUAL
*Specifications are subject to change. Please read our Terms & Conditions
*Giant & Liv Bicycles are available for purchase online, but due to warranty regulations, must be shipped to qualified Giant dealers, as bicycles must be assembled by a qualified bike mechanic in an approved store - this is an international policy.