EVO represents the rowdier side of our bike line and the Epic Comp EVO is no exception to the rule. We’ve added a longer travel fork and a dropper post to the Comp-level Epic to create a bike that’s just as fast, but offers even more control when the trail gets hectic.
A MORE EPIC KIND OF EPIC
Dropper posts and slightly longer forks may seem like overkill on an XC bike. We beg to differ. Epic EVOs are not only fast off the start line, they're even better suited to masochistically long rides, multi-day stage races, and fast backcountry missions.
HARDTAIL EFFICIENT. FULL-SUSPENSION CONTROL
Suspension should always make you faster—never slow you down with energy-sucking suspension bob. Our ingenious Brain-equipped shocks keep the Epic firm when the trail is smooth, then automatically turns your bike plush the moment your tires meet rocks and roots.
• Race-proven, alloy chassis and ingenious Brain suspension.
• 120mm-travel RockShox Reba RL fork increases the EVO’s downhill capability.
• An X-Fusion Manic dropper seatpost increases control on steep descents.
- M5 premium aluminum with D'Aluisio Smartweld technology combines stiffness, strength, and light overall weight to deliver an off-the-hook race bike. Meanwhile, the new geometry, RockShox Brain shock, and 100mm of rear travel paired with a longer-travel (120mm) RockShox Reba RL fork, make the Epic EVO one of the most capable, fastest XC rigs available at any price.
- Meet Brain 2.0. We mounted the latest generation Brain shock closer to the axle, making it responsive to the smallest of bumps. We also reduced oil turbulence for consistent suspension performance, no matter how big and fast the hits come. Next, we ditched the Brain’s original floating piston for a bladder system that yields even smoother action. The world’s smartest suspension just got even smarter.
- An extra 20 millimeters goes a long way when it comes to boosting a fork’s ability to suck up bumps. That’s why we’ve equipped the EVO with a 120mm-travel RockShox Reba RL fork.
- The 12-speed SRAM NX Eagle groupset brings the performance of Eagle—all the gearing you need to tackle the biggest, steepest climbs—in a simple, single-ring package. No front derailleurs necessary.
- An X-Fusion Manic seatpost brings you some much-needed drop for tackling steep descents, but it also features a zero-offset design that keeps your weight over the bottom bracket for the climbs.
Specialized M5 Aluminum w/ D'Aluisio Smartweld Technology, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel
RockShox Reba RL 29, Motion Control damper, 42mm offset, 15x110mm thru-axle, 120mm of travel
Custom RockShox Micro Brain shock w/ Spike Valve, AUTOSAG, 51x257mm
Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm thru-axle, 24h
Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h
Roval Control Alloy 29", 25mm internal width
Presta, 60mm valve
Ground Control, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
Fast Trak, GRID casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
Truvativ STYLO, DUB
SRAM DUB, threaded BB
SRAM NX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed, 11-50t
SRAM SX Eagle, 12-speed
SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc
SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc
Specialized Alloy Minirise, 10mm rise, 750mm, 31.8mm clamp
Specialized Trail Grips
Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
Body Geometry Power Sport, hollow Cr-Mo rails
X-Fusion manic, 30.9mm, (S: 100mm, M-XL: 125mm)