We build bearings, so we build bottom brackets. T47 is a standard we helped develop, an answer to the imprecise and often loud press fit bottom brackets that appeared on the market a few years ago. T47 offers the benefits of larger bottom bracket shells, mainly frame stiffness, with the upsides of traditional, threaded bottom brackets, precision and quietness.
It’s a silky smooth, long-lasting bottom bracket built around King’s legendary, angular-contact bearings, either steel or ceramic. These are the best bearings in the industry, and actually get faster over time, as their contact surfaces wear.
You want this bottom bracket because it offers super low drag. You want this bottom bracket, because it can be opened, cleaned and repacked for years of faithful service. You want this bottom bracket, because you don’t want to think an awful lot about your bottom bracket.
- ThreadFit™ T47 24x fits 68mm and 73mm shell widths with 24mm spindles.
- ThreadFit™ T47 24i fits 86mm and 92mm shell widths with 24mm spindles.
- ThreadFit™ T47 30x fits 68mm and 73mm shell widths with 30mm spindles.
- ThreadFit™ T47 30i will fit 68mm, 73mm, 83mm, 86mm, and 92mm shell widths with 30mm spindles, or 68mm and 73mm shell widths with 24mm and 24mm stepped spindles
- Lifetime warranty
- Legendary made-in-house bearings
- Easily serviceable with our grease injection tool
- Ceramic bearing upgrade available
- Threaded security with PressFit 30 shell stiffness
- Conversion kits available
- Engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland, Oregon USA
Install with Theadfit T47I Tool only.
REQUIRES A KING CONVERSION KIT TO COMPLETE INSTALLATION
All of our bottom bracket offerings will use an appropriate Conversion Kit specific to the brand and model of crankset to be used. Our Conversion Kits are made to account for crank manufacturers' machining tolerances and ensure they mate perfectly with our precision bearings, extending product life, and reduce the potential for noise.
CONVERSION KIT #4 (PBB084)
For use with ThreadFit™ 24
For cranksets with 24mm spindles.
CONVERSION KIT #6 (PBB086) for SRAM GXP cranks.
For use with ThreadFit™ 24, ThreadFit™ T47 24i, ThreadFit™ T47 24x
68mm, 73mm, 73mm SB+, 86.5mm, 92mm, and 92mm SB+ BB shells.
*Specifications are subject to change. Please read our Terms & Conditions
*Giant & Liv Bicycles are available for purchase online, but due to warranty regulations, must be shipped to qualified Giant dealers, as bicycles must be assembled by a qualified bike mechanic in an approved store - This is an international policy and usually will require an additional fee to build the bike. This will be confirmed by one of our online staff after purchase of the bike.